1. Lo! now is our accepted day,
The time for purging sins away,
The sins of thought, and deed, and word,
That we have done against the Lord.
2. For He the merciful and true
Hath spared His people hitherto;
Not willing that the soul should die,
Though great its past iniquity.
3. Then let us all with earnest care,
And contrite fast, and tear and prayer,
And works of mercy and of love,
Entreat for pardon from above;
4. That He may all our sins efface,
Adorn us with the gifts of grace,
And join us to the angel band,
Forever in the heavenly land.
5. Blest Three in One and One in Three,
Almighty God, we pray to Thee,
That Thou wouldst now vouchsafe to bless
Our fast with fruits of righteousness.